Sonny Webster Weightlifting Seminar
Join us on Sunday February 16th for an all day weightlifting seminar with Sonny Webster at TYDAX Fitness Head Quarters 12745-149st Edmonton, Alberta. Sonny Webster is a Barbell Specialist and British Olympian weightlifter who competed at the 2016 Summer Olympics.
Date: Sunday February 16th 2020
Location: TYDAX Fitness 12745-149st Edmonton, Alberta
You'll also receive 2 month of FREE access to The Sonny Webster Academy
**LIMITED SPOTS ARE AVAILABLE**
• A 1.5 hour session on mobility for weightlifting; beginning with a stretching protocol for warming up for the Olympic lifts, before progressing into some of the key exercises Sonny Webster uses to improve my mobility for weightlifting. This is also a great warm up for the later sessions;
• A 1.5 hour Olympic weightlifting session breaking down the technique for snatch and clean and jerk; looking at the basics from start position to first pull and the transition.
• An informal talk and Q&A where Sonny Webster will talk about his experiences, nutrition, programming and psychology of weightlifting; during this session he will try to expand on as many questions as possible from the group attending.
• A 45-minute demonstration where Sonny Webster will perform both the snatch and clean and jerk variations during this time he will also talk over use of the equipment and his 'pre-lift process';
• The final session is a 1.5 hour olympic weightlifting 'max out' session to put into practice what has been learnt in the earlier sessions. During this session, Sonny Webster will work a little more individually with participants and do some video analysis so that they each have individualised feedback to take away from the day.
Please Note: This seminar is a fun and educational event for recreational athletes looking to learn or improve their weightlifting. If you compete or plan on competing professionally in a sport that falls under the jurisdiction of WADA or as a member of the Canadian Weightlifting Federation, please be aware of your responsibility’s before purchasing a ticket for this seminar.
*Download and print your e-ticket and bring it with you to the seminar.
8:45 AM: Athletes kit-up
9:00 AM: Mobility for Olympic Weightlifting (warm-up)
10:30 AM: Break
10:45 AM: Olympic Weightlifting Session 1 (breaking down the technique of the clean and jerk, and the snatch)
12:15 PM: Lunch
1:00 PM: Discussion on nutrition, psychology and programme for Olympic Weightlifting + Questions and answers
1:45 PM: Sonny lifts (discuss pre-lift routine and equipment)
2:30 PM: Athletes kit-up/warm-up
2:45 PM: Olympic Weightlifting Session 2 (provide video analysis and attempt new personal best lifts)
4:00 PM: End of seminar and photos